Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel
your best. Eat a wide range of foods is essential to ensure that you’re getting a balanced diet and that
your body is receiving all the nutrients it needs. Simply follow the following 6 steps to get to live a
1. Eat lots of fruit and veg - It’s recommended that we eat at least five portions of different types
of fruit and veg a day. It’s easier than it sounds. A glass of 100% unsweetened fruit juice can
count as one portion, and vegetables cooked into dishes also count. Add a Basic Aryveda juice
to your daily diet is even simpler.
2. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar - We all need some fat in our diet. But it’s important to
pay attention to the amount and type of fat we’re eating. Too much saturated fat can increase
the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which increases your risk of developing heart disease.
3. Eat less salt - Eating too much salt can raise your blood pressure. People with high blood
pressure are more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke. Adults and children over 11
should eat no more than 6g of salt a day.
4. Don't get thirsty - We need to drink about 1.2 litres of fluid every day to stop us getting
dehydrated. This is in addition to the fluid we get from the food we eat. All non-alcoholic drinks
count, but water, milk and fruit juices are the healthiest. Add a Basic Aryveda juice to your daily
5. Don’t skip breakfast - A healthy breakfast is an important part of a balanced diet, and
provides some of the vitamins and minerals we need for good health. Basic Aryveda juice is
recommended to be taken in the morning to be most effective.